The before mentioned church pew...

posted on: Thursday, May 26, 2011


My child is a terror.

More specifically, he is a terror at church...and our church is three hours..and from 1-4 on Sunday. 

Which seems to aggrivate the Terror aka Punk. 

 During the first hour we go to sacrament meeting. This is where we partake of the sacrament and listen to talks given by members of our congregation. We are "suppose" to be reverent and quiet during sacrament meeting, Punk is neither. He is loud, obnoxious, and completely emotional.

When he gets emotional, I get emotional. 

 Hunk then steps in to grab our terror who is often screaming/crying/growling/yelling and leaves the chapel to let our terror run amock in the halls so I can come down from my emotional high. 

It's a very dramatic experience.  

Recently, we "inherited" a church pew from the above mentioned church building. I have high hopes of making Punk sit it on with his arms folded...for an hour.

I know that no amount of briding will make him sit that long, but I am going to try.

If that doesn't work then I will make him sit there every morning for breakfast. This lovely is going to become a breakfast nook bench.

Isn't she a beaut'?

If you can, try to see past the orange-tastic fabric and image this fabric adorning her seat cushions.

My current dillema is trying to decide what color to paint the wood. I can't decide if I should go with simple barn wood white color or something more bold like tangerine or mustard yellow.

Any suggestions...

I am also planning or revamping our plane-o kitchen table as well so it matches the bench. I want to do something bright and fun with some soft white touches.

Here's some of the ideas that are inspiring me....






If you can't tell Pinterest has become my new best friend. If any of you are interested in starting your own Pinterest account send me an email and I will hook.you.up.with an invite.

spunkyjunkyblog (at) gmail (dot) come

Or if you want to see what I am lovin' check me out here.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Good Gravy I want a pew!!! I totally want a bench for my kitchen nook-you are so lucky!!!

    All the best with Punk aka the Terror. 3 hours is a loooong time for a little guy to stay engaged :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the thought of doing mustard yellow on the pew, though white would look refreshing, yellow is more dramatic, and personal. I love your colors even more because they are the same colors I am using in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really feeling a mustard yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving Pinterest as well! You have a cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paint it white and then distress it! It would look FAB-U-LOUS with the fabric you have chosen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have beautiful inspirations there, dear. May I ask what color you painted it with? If you’re going to use it in your breakfast nook, I suggest you paint it white or a light shade of brown. Then, pair it with pale yellow or deep purple cushions. The former color can brighten up your day in the morning, while the latter can make you feel like royalty (surely a good way to start your day, right?).

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger