A dirty post.

posted on: Wednesday, July 31, 2013



Last weekend we braved the 100 degree weather and ran the Dirty Dash. Have you heard of it? I'm sure if you live on the west coast you have--it's like the Spartan or Tough Mudder but for those that don't really want to run, but would rather just have the benefits of getting dirty. Totally logical, I know. It was my first time and now that I've checked it off of my bucket list I find that the term "run" should be used very loosely when characterizing this race. Actually I don't even know if you would call it a race. It's not timed  or anything (which they seem to point out A LOT) and there are stops along the way to drink beer (if your into that sort of thing) and then there's the occasional obstacle that bares repeating because it's just that fun and did I mention the mud. There's lots of it.  I learned a thing or two about mud which essentially boils down to the fact that all mud is not created equal. 

Case in point...There's the watered down stuff that seems to be on the lines of hot chocolate and in our case actual warm water making it seemingly like hot chocolate in a don't-let-it-get-in-your-mouth kind of way. Then there was the more sedimentary type of mud that was pliable, yet still feasible to run through except for the occasional back flip when ones so-called feet decided to meet the sky. And finally the gumbo. gum-bo. Each time our feet hit this gum-like substance they would slowly be sucked in resulting in a full-blown force of nature to pull them out. I'm sure it was a spectacle of sorts for those watching everyone run through it. I imagine it was like that kid in grade school that never changed his gears and was always pedaling fast, but was moving slower than time? I'm sure you all had a kid like that in your school, right? Bless his heart. Anyway, we were kind of like that--trudging and grasping to find the nearest dry land.

And did I mention the sand in all my unmentionable places? On a completely unrelated-yet-kind-of related line when I watched The Bachelorette this past week I couldn't help but laugh when Chris and Des were making out on the beach because if her "sand experience" was anything like mine I'm sure she had a real surprise waiting for her when she finally got into the shower later that night...

And let's just leave it at that. mmmkay?



1 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I seriously just laugh whenever I read it. (In a super good way) Thanks for always giving me inspiration in all aspects of life.

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger