Instagram + Three Things+Winna Winna

posted on: Thursday, September 12, 2013


So I started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred about two weeks ago and my arms are still like jell-o. And I mean jell-ooo. Even typing requires effort, and doing dishes, and laundry, and the million other things that Moms use their arms for every single day. And my abs, oh my gosh, don't make me laugh because I may simultaneously cry and pee (which would be horrifying if it hasn't already happened like 10 times...but who's counting).

Yeah, so that's the skinny (no pun intended).

Now for the three things. Let me preface this with saying that I am usually just a Facebook stalker. I don't hash out my life's drama through a keyboard, and I rarely comment on posts, but I like to stalk and occasionally read some of the fun links that get posted by friends. And lucky for you two of them were really cool.

one// This article discusses how our language (as in a global sense) influences everything from our spending to saving habits as well as how we perceive our world. TOTALLY worth the read. promise.

two// This article entitled 12 Steps to Gentle Parenting was so what I needed this week. Especially the section of turning your "no's" into "yes's." I can't believe how many times a day I say "no" to Brecken, it's astounding to say the least. Six months ago or so I started to try a more "re-directive method" that required suggesting other options to bad behaviors versus just saying "no" and it was hard (especially for me). I mean really, really hard, saying "no" is just so easy (and lazy) than the alternative of trying to train my children to other behavioral patterns. 

It was hard to do and I slacked off overtime. So this was the kick in the rear I needed to start being a more positive influence (again). Funny game we play as parents of finding the right balance between teaching and loving while also disciplining with a tender hard. oi'.

three//Okay, I'm sure you've all seen the video of the guy waking up for anesthesia and he totally hits on a lady not aware that she's actually his wife. I mean, come on. Priceless.


And we have a Jamberry winner, congrats #6 Nichole Green. You're one lucky lady. Email at spunkyjunkyblog at gmail.com for the deets. 

Thanks everyone for playing along and even though you may not have won remember you can still purchase three sheets of Jamberry nails and get the fourth free! Enjoy. 

2 comments:

  1. Um, what's with the ruffly toilet seat?

    I'm headin' over to the articles while Baby naps.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a family bathroom, the ruffled toilet is toddler size. #onlyinutah ;)

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger